Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Personal Rant

I have a new rant to rant heartily about. REALLY heartily.

My house was robbed two weeks ago. Some jerk pitched a rock through my front window, reached in to open the latch, and climbed in. We're a pretty wired family and the bastards helped themselves to some great electronic equipment. They got a few flat screen TV's, Wii system, Nintendo DS, digital camera, PDA, a couple of laptops and MP3 players, some jewelry, some cash, and my most prized possession, my coin collection.

They also took a bit of mine and my husbands sanity, and my kids piece of mind. I've had two kids sleeping on my bedroom floor every night since the break in. They are both totally freaked that someone was in our house touching our stuff.

I thought I had valuables well hidden in my master bedroom, but I was sorely wrong. Every item I had hidden, they found. And, they destroyed my bedroom in the process. Every drawer was dumped and every shelf was emptied. Aside from the junk all over the floor, my house kind of looked like Whooville after the Grinch stole everything on Christmas eve. There were wires hanging out where electronics used to sit.

It really sucks that they took my laptop. I had two years worth of nursing school projects and assignments on there (unsaved elsewhere of course,) and now they are all lost. Sadly, my laptop was pretty much my life. I'm feeling a little sick about this :(

My husband and his friends wired in an alarm system a few days later. From my experience, alarm systems come with their own set of problems. Our system is programmed to dial my husbands cell phone if it is breached. This could be good or not so good. Shortly after I left for school on Wednesday, my husband called desperately asking where I was. The alarm system was calling his cell phone and he wanted me to go back home and check on it. Even though I was going to be late, I zoomed back home. Everything was fine of course, I think the cat walking across the room had activated it. However, the sounding alarm had scared the poo (yes, I do mean literally scared the poo) out of my beautiful, gentle Whippet, Greta. She was standing there staring up at me with her big brown eyes in a kennel full of big brown turds. I couldn't just go back out the door to school and leave Greta in poop. I desperately started cleaning as fast as I could to get back out the door to school. You know that a poo cleanup cannot possibly go smoothly when you are hurrying like a maniac, right? An unseen turd rolled onto the floor as I cleaned. In my crazed state, I didn't see it until I had stepped into it and spread it all the way down the hall and into the kitchen.

I hope the robbers come back now. How about that? A poop filled house, you thieves want some poop smears? If they come back, maybe we could track them from Gretas poo DNA in their shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that is awful! I'm so sorry.

    Does your alarm function have a "stay" option rather than "away." It allows movement within the house if you have animals that trigger it.

    ReplyDelete