Monday, August 31, 2009

A Mad Ranter

I am a madwoman and sometimes I rant..........madly.

Let me tell you why I am a ranting madwoman. The following is a day in my life.

It all started last night..........My husband is out of state for the weekend to attend a family get-together. I got a call from him late last night that he was on his way to the emergency room because he was having chest pains, arm numbness, shortness of breath, and chills. My husband has been under quite a bit of work related stress lately, and the family get-together came a time that was difficult for him to get away from work. But, his Mom and his siblings would never have accepted that he was unable to come. So, like a good boy, he went.

I was awake most of the night as my brother in law called to give me updates from the hospital. As soon as morning arrived, my mother in law started calling too. It turns out hubby is fine though, all of the cardiac tests came back normal, and he was given a prescription to manage high blood pressure.

So, my day began with the phone ringing off the hook. I spoke to the relatives, and spoke to my husband. Then it was time to grab a shower, and eat breakfast. Now, let me just number my stops for you......
1) I delivered my son to daycare.
2) Stop by work to get some tuition papers signed by my boss.
3) Run and pick up a contract for my moms’ RV rental space.
4) Hurry home and grab lunch.
5) Take my mom to her dentist appointment for minor oral surgery.
6) After dropping mom at the dentist, it was back home to get my daughter.
7) Drop the daughter at golf practice.
8) Go back to the dentist to wait for my mom, and get her care instructions for the afternoon.
9) When my mom was done at the dentist, I dropped her back at the house.
10) Off to the drugstore to fill moms prescriptions.
11) Back to the golf course to collect my daughter.
12) Pick up son at daycare.
13) The three of us went to pick up the newly filled prescriptions, but the line was so long I decided to go back later to pick them up.
14) I went home, where the kids had a snack while I started dinner. I mixed up some biscuits and made a batch of beef stew. After dinner, the daughter and I cleaned the kitchen, then I finished the laundry that I started earlier, and finally relax a few minutes until it’s time to head to the airport to pick up my husband at 9:30 tonight.

Do you get why I am mad? Do you get why I rant? This all can only get worse when school starts. AAAAAAAKKKKKKkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment